- You want to manage or lower your risk of heart disease, hypertension and Type 2 diabetes.
- You want a plan that incorporates fresh, whole foods but still allows for convenient foods occasionally.
- You want a plan with easy-to-make meals that are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium, but full of taste.
- You want convenience options all the time and do not need to watch your sodium.
- You are more concerned about your sugar intake and prefer a lower carbohydrate plan.
Since joining eDiets, Keli R. has shed 25 pounds from her 5�8" frame and is now sporting a super sexy hard-as-steel physique...
Read How Success is Possible!
The Heart Smart meal plan on eDiets follows the recommendations of the American Heart Association to help manage and lower your risk of heart disease, hypertension and Type 2 diabetes. This plan will help you reduce your intake of foods that are high in saturated fat and dietary cholesterol and choose low-fat alternatives, such as lean meats and low-fat dairy products. You will eat more foods that are known to help lower LDL (the "bad") cholesterol, such as whole grains, vegetables, fruit, beans, oats and cereals, all of which are low in saturated fat and contain no cholesterol. Dietary fat will come primarily from heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, including olive oil, avocados and nuts. Heart-protective omega-3 fatty acids such as oily fish are also encouraged.
The Heart Smart meal plan provides 50-65% of your calories from carbohydrates, 20-25% of your calories from protein and less than 30% of your calories from fat, of which saturated fat will make up less than 10% of your calories. Cholesterol will be limited to 300 mg per day and sodium to less than 2400 mg daily.
Get Started Today and Lose 10 lbs in 5 Weeks!