- You aren't consuming the minimum recommendation of at least 25 grams of fiber per day.
- You want the weight-loss benefits that come with fiber – it helps you feel full and moves slowly through your digestive system to help stave off hunger for longer periods of time.
- You want to improve bowel function and digestion
- You want smaller, more frequent meals.
- You want a lower carbohydrate meal plan.
- You don't enjoy fruit and vegetables.
Since joining eDiets, Keli R. has shed 25 pounds from her 5ï¿½8" frame and is now sporting a super sexy hard-as-steel physique...
Read How Success is Possible!
The High-Fiber meal plan is designed to help you get more dietary fiber -- at least 25 grams, the recommended intake by the American Dietetic Association. Fiber is an indigestible part of many plant-based foods, occurring most abundantly in fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It acts like a broom in the digestive system, picking up unwanted toxins and wastes and carrying them out of the body as it is excreted. Adding more fiber-rich foods to your daily meals can help you satisfy your appetite, while you reduce your caloric intake. In addition, it can help lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk for certain cancers and improve digestive function.
Your meal plan of 3 meals and 1 snack daily will help you consume at least 25 grams of fiber daily from whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Also based on the food pyramid, as well as recommendations from the American Heart Association, it provides 50-65% of your calories from carbohydrates, 20-25% of your calories from protein and less than 30% of your calories from fat.
Get Started Today and Lose 10 lbs in 5 Weeks!
Disclaimer: The information provided is intended for your knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Please talk with your healthcare provider regarding any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.