Here's a list of some calorie-free and close-to-calorie-free foods, beverages and snacks that work entirely in your favor:
1. Hot Tea with Splenda: Drink a cup of calorie-free hot tea to ward off hunger pangs. Research shows tea consumption may also help prevent a wide range of ailments.
2. Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries have few calories, and they pack a powerful punch on your health.
3. Citrus Fruit: Rich in vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber, citrus fruits not only taste great, but they are also essential for normal growth and development as well as overall nutritional well-being.
4. Sugar-Free Jell-O with Nonfat, No-Calorie Dairy Whipped Topping: It's a dieter's dream come true. It's easy to make, delicious and virtually calorie-free.
5. Egg Whites Prepared with Nonstick Spray: Egg whites are very low in calories, have no fat and cholesterol, and are loaded with protein.
6. Crunchy Veggies: Feel free to indulge in all the crunchy veggies you wish. Dietitians give crunchy veggies a perfect 10 in nutrition. When it comes to weight loss, they are hard to beat. "Your best bets are broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy and kale, which contain disease-fighting glucosinolates and other substances," March says.
7. Water: Weight loss and water go hand in hand. It suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize fat. It also regulates body temperature and flushes toxins. Before you grab a snack, try drinking a glass of calorie-free H2O.
Too busy to cook? You can still lose weight! Let us do the cooking for you and deliver right to your front door! Sign up for eDiets meal delivery (rated #1 by epicurious.com!) and get a FREE GIFT! Click here for more info.